Jan 12, 2011

Correction of the day

Howard Kurtz, now writing for the Daily Beast, issued a whopper correction today for a story he wrote back in November. Turns out he confused Rep. Darrell Issa's spokesman for the congressman. Here's the correx:
When I conducted the telephone interview for my Nov. 27 article on California Rep. Darrell Issa, my unambiguous understanding was that I was speaking with Rep. Issa. I subsequently learned that I was speaking to his chief spokesman, Kurt Bardella. None of the views ascribed to Issa are inaccurate, but the attribution throughout the story should have been to his spokesman, not to the congressman. We have since corrected the article. The earlier version also mentioned Darrell Issa’s “tendency to refer to himself in the third person.” In fact, that usage was appropriate because the interview was with his spokesman.
At least he corrected it, I guess.

No comments: