Dec 15, 2008

New publication on the peninsula

Joshua Stecker, former editor of the now shuttered San Pedro Magazine, which was published by the Long Beach Press-Telegram, sent around an email announcing the launch of an independent magazine called San Pedro Today that will cover many of the same issues, but without the corporate interference. From the email:
Getting laid off is never fun or easy, but what's worse than me losing my job is watching the two newspapers that serve San Pedro officially abandoning our area. First it was MORE, now San Pedro Magazine.

Well, I wasn't going to sit idly by and let my hometown lose a magazine that was hugely popular, profitable, well-respected and incredibly fun to produce.

-snip-

Premiering the week of January 5, 2009, San Pedro Today will have the same great 30,000 copy circulation (still the largest circulated publication in San Pedro), free home delivery to homes and condos, the beautiful glossy cover and include all the great columnists and contributors who helped make the former publication the success it was. I’m taking the best parts of what made San Pedro Magazine great and enhancing it with all the features I wanted to do but could never get done working for my former corporation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Pedro is not apart of the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
Sorry Eastside - you're in Pedro!!