Sep 15, 2008

Radio in pictures

This picture earned me my first, and probably my last, photo credit in the New York Times. It was taken to accompany a story about the gadget in fellow "To The Point" producer Frances Anderton's hand.

It took a bullwhip to convince Warren and David Corn of Mother Jones to sit down for a chat. They'd just finished a 40-minute interview for the real show and wanted to go eat. So did I, but our Web people were desperate for a shot of one of us using the Nokia camera phone to capture an interview. So, I stood up on a chair and this is the magic that resulted.

Unfortunately, the Times got the caption wrong. We weren't in our Santa Monica studio, but inside our makeshift broadcast booth in Denver on the final day of the Democratic National Convention. If you want to watch the interview, click here.

No comments: