Aug 12, 2008

Me first

I just received a personal e-mail from Barack Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, offering to tell me - yes, me - who the candidate chooses as his running mate before anyone else:

Dear Gary,

Barack Obama is about to make one of the most important decisions of this campaign -- choosing a running mate.

You have helped build this movement from the bottom up, and Barack wants you to be the first to know his choice.


Although I've actually done nothing to help him build his movement, I find it appropriate that Barack has singled me out for this special honor.

Plouffe provided me two options to get the scoop - either sign up using a special link on the campaign Web site, or send a text message. I chose the latter. After all, I might be in my car when the deal goes down.

So, stay tuned. I'll let you know after they let me know.

No comments: